Click the above image to download the coloring sheet.
What you’ll need:
3. Colors and/or markers
4. Yarn (or any string
How to make it:
1. Color light bulbs.
2. Cut out light bulbs.
3. Glue light bulb cutouts to yarn.
(Leave 3” of space between each light bulb cut out).
4. Now you’re done!
Click the above image to download the coloring page.
To make your own chocolate chip cookies for Santa use this recipe*.
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.
SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:
PREPARE dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
* May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
FOR HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING (5,200 feet): Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Add 2 teaspoons water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.
The theatric-craft activity is a perfect way to bring english and art together. Start by having your students write a short narrative on the activity sheet, which could include all or some of the following animals:
Collaborating on the writing assignment is ideal, but the only rule is to be creative! Once the story is finished, assign the roles, or have the students select which character they would like to be. After the roles are assigned, the students can begin the craft portion of the activity.
Safety Tips: Young kids (3 to 8 years) should use child-safe scissors. Small materials like buttons, beads, or pompoms
are choking hazards. Not suitable for use by kids below the age of three. Parental supervision is recommended.
Now your mask are complete…let the show begin! Click the images above to download the mask templates. Enjoy!
7 Benefits of Coloring That You Can Bring To Your Kid’s Life
By Debbi Gee
If you want to develop the color coordination skills in your child then buy the coloring games for your child. These are the excellent option for your children because they always like colorful and bright images. Children learn communication quickly through the use of symbols. These symbols are more effective if they are defined by the use of art. This way, children quickly learn to express their ideas and feelings. With coloring games they can give shape to their imagination and convey their ideas.
There are various benefits of coloring. Seven of these great benefits of coloring games are discussed below:
1. Children express their ideas and feelings by the use of colors and images. Sometime coloring is used as therapy because it helps in knowing the emotions of the children. If you want to know the underpinning issues of children then coloring can play an important role. Most of the children feel comfortable in expressing their ideas through coloring.
2. Coloring is one of the interesting hobbies and a way of learning in an entertaining atmosphere. It helps in engaging your child in a positive manner.
3. Through coloring, children get to know about different shapes, sizes and colors of any image. This way, they are able to distinguish one thing from the other.
4. The creativity involved in using colors always encourages the children. They see and understand it carefully because they like colors.
5. By using different color combinations and coordination, children are able to differentiate between different images and colors. This is one of the first steps in learning and understanding about new colors.
6. Though coloring is a fun activity for the children, gradually it becomes very valuable. It helps in developing coordination and motor skills of the children. They get to know how to hold and grip and how to control their hands while drawing.
7. With coloring, children are able to know their focus and limits. This characteristic comes to children by doing coloring within the lines. This way, the children get to know that doing coloring within the lines require some focus.
Printable coloring pages available on many coloring websites provide parents a great option to encourage the inherent creativity in their children.
Click the image above to download the Crayon Coloring Sheet. Enjoy!
From my sketch pad to your homes, I’m wishing you and your family
Happy Holidays! To download the below coloring sheets click the images.